- Me: Dude what's your motivation to do business?
- Noel: What do you mean?
- Me: Cuz I wanna start something of my own. My motivations is the evo. I hate it that the parts to repair and maintain it costs so much.
- Noel: Putanginang motivation yan pare... Wala, ako motivation ko ay iniisip ko saan ko kukunin yung pera para magsimula ng pamilya, bumili ng condo, bumili ng kotse. Yun lang naman.
- Me: ... (Thinking about delayed growth brought about by med school)
Yeah, thats the name of my high school barkada just because we came from sections D, E & F. Every year we sorta have a reunion when my best friend from the states comes back for the holidays. This year it turned out to be a vacation where in people drank every day, went home really late, went on with their lives the next morning and repeated everything again come night time.
- Cop: (siren) Pull over son!
- JV: is there a problem officer (his black roomate sitting on the passenger seat)
- Cop: (looking and assessing the situation)
- JV: ...
- Cop: Yeah, whats going on here? Are you kidnapping him? (talking to the black guy)
- JV: No sir! he is my room mate, we are on our way downtown.
- Cop: Seriously son, is he making you drive? (talking to JV)
- JV: ... No sir...
Took my cousin and her husband for some drinks last night. First I had them tag along as I got my tripod from a friend. We drove around QC using edgar and I showed them what Metro Manila is really like at night for a local like me. We drove spiritedly, thank god there was not much traffic. Talks on law enforcement and traffic management came as we blasted along the streets of the Metro. We headed over to Pivo after and hung out with the boys. JV and Jo-anne were also there. Pretty good night, lots of laughs and as usual, they were surprised with the price of fun here in the Philippines. Too surprised they actually payed more than what they drank and ended up paying for majority of the drinks.
This story, from Tucson Weekly, about the suspension of the managing editor of the University of Arizona Daily Wildcat, is about 18 kinds of awesome. But this exchange, as reported by the managing editor, Shain Bergan, is the best part:
Alex: Shain, you’re done. You can’t dictate your own story from outside the newsroom.
Shain: What are you talking about?
Alex: No, that’s it! I’m fucking done with you! You can either resign right now, or you’re fired!
Shain: Are you fucking kidding me?!
Shain: Then I resign.
Shain: Fuck you.